Located in a metropolitan area, the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) specializes in distinct areas such as health, cyber, social-economic development, and much more. With over 34,000 students throughout their four campuses, it is a very popular and the largest university in San Antonio. The university enhances expertise by leveraging community engagement, discovery, research, learning, teaching and public services. It is classified as one of the R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity, comprising 9 colleges that offer around 159 degree options.
The university is a hub to creative and intelligent resources for efficient socio-economic development.
About UTSA Blackboard
UTSA Blackboard is a LMS (Learning Management System) that acts like a centralized hub for students and teachers to access critical information, web tools and other resources related to the coursework. It is a web-based LMS that allows educators to set up and administer virtual classrooms.
Blackboard is a powerful tool for both teachers and students for easy collaboration and use of educational resources from virtually anywhere, at any time.
To log into the UTSA Blackboard, users need to use their username and password. Students will be able to publish their class grades via Grade Center in UTSA Blackboard, besides students can also get new evaluations through this portal.
Apart from this, students can write feedback, attend classes, submit assignments, search for course content, take tests, create custom to-do-lists and do so much more with Blackboard. Every Blackboard course will differ as per the teaching style of the instructor.
How to Log Into the UTSA Blackboard?
Here’s how you can log into the UTSA Blackboard and explore its resources:
- Go to https://utsa.blackboard.com/. Mostly, your institution will provide you the web address that will direct you to the login page.
- Enter your username
- Enter your password
- Click on ‘Login’
(Note: if you have login issues, you need to contact the computing help desk within your institution).
Manage your Account
UTSA Blackboard comprises various tools which you can use to store your personal details, personalized to-do lists, schedules and so on. You can also set up your privacy options and change your password.
With the Calendar, you can keep track of important dates such as assignment deadlines, field trips, study sessions, etc. Even your instructor can use the Calendar to notify the students about deadlines, meeting times, office hours, etc.
Students wanting to view course content and participate in courses can do it via Blackboard app. The latest version of the app is available for Android and iOS mobile devices. Students can communicate with instructors, other students, courses and content via an intuitive app interface.
Opening the Browser Checker will ensure whether your browser is compatible with the latest Blackboard Learn release.
- Go to https://utsa.blackboard.com/
- At the bottom, click on the ‘Check your Browser before Login’ link
- If your web browser passes all checks, it will show a Green Tick Mark saying ‘SUPPORTED’. Now, you can use all the key features of Blackboard Learn.
- If you see a ‘NOT SUPPORTED’ message with a warning icon, it means that the web browser does not support the latest release of Blackboard Learn and you cannot fully explore the features of Blackboard.
How to Reset the UTSA Blackboard Password?
Once you log into Blackboard, you can easily change your password. It is highly recommended to reset the password timely to ensure good security.
(Note: Make sure your password does not include your personal details such as name. The passwords must not have any spaces; they are case-sensitive and must include at least one character.)
To change your password, follow these steps:
- Go to https://utsa.blackboard.com/
- Click on the ‘Forgot/Reset Passphrase?’ link
- You will be redirected to a page with multiple options such as Reset passphrase, Update contact info, Set up two-factor authentication, etc.
- Select ‘Reset your passphrase’ option
- Enter your myUTSA ID
- Select an option to receive your passphrase reset code:
- Cell Phone number OR
- Non-UTSA email address
- Enter the reset code sent to you via text message or email
- The portal will prompt you to create a new password including combination of letters, numbers and special characters (minimum 15 characters long)
- Re-enter the new password and click on ‘Save the passphrase’
This will successfully reset your myUTSA password and you will receive a confirmation text message or email.
How to apply for myUTSA ID for New Users?
The myUTSA ID is nothing but your principal student ID across UTSA. This myUTSA ID is necessary to log into various UTSA services provided online. To apply for myUTSA ID, follow these easy steps:
- Apply for your myUTSA ID at your university
- After doing that, you will receive an email from myUTSAaccount@utsa.edu including a link
- Go to the link and follow the instructions prompted on the screen to activate your myUTSA ID account
- Once done, you will now be able to use your myUTSA ID and password to virtually log into Blackboard and any other UTSA portals.
This Post Has One Comment