UMKC Pathway : Guide to Access UMKC Portal Login
UMKC Pathway is the online student portal of The University of Missouri Kansas City. The university was published 89 years ago in 1933 and is one of the biggest colleges in the Kansas Metropolitan area. UMKC is a public research university that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs for students where they can apply online.
What is UMKC Pathway?
UMKC Pathway is an online portal that serves as the main tool for students at The University of Missouri Kansas City to register for classes, view grades, and update contact information, among other functions. It’s basically like Blackboard because this is where students will be managing their activities and requirements at school.
Being familiar with using UMKC Pathway is essential for students at The University of Missouri Kansas City to succeed in college. This article will help you familiarize yourself with the commands and steps in using UMKC pathway. From logging in, resetting your password, up to the most frequently asked questions.
How to log into UMKC Pathway?
- Open your favorite browser and go to https://umkc.umsystem.edu/
- Enter your username
- Type in your password
- Click Sign In
Your UMKC username is the first part of your UMKC email before the @ sign. Remember that you can not use an alias to log in. You must log in with your official username (similar to “abc123”).
Your username and password are extremely important since you would use them not only for accessing UMKC Pathway but also UMKC email, and Canvas or to log on to computers on the campus. Keep it safe and backed up.
This is where your student ID comes into play. This is an eight-digit number assigned to you for security purposes and this is what you will be using when contacting any offices at UMKC. All these details will be available to you once you’re admitted at UMKC. You can find your student ID number on Pathway. If not, set up your username and password or go to Information Services.
Before you can proceed with using UMKC Pathway, you will be asked if you are willing to give your consent in doing business with UMKC online. If you won’t allow it, then you would have to finish and do all transactions in person at the Administrative Center during regular business hours.
After giving your consent you will be redirected to the sign-in page where you would have to log in again. In any case that you would want to take back consent, you can fill up the E-consent Withdrawal Form and submit it to Registration and Records.
How to Activate UMKC Account?
- Click on the New User Activation button.
- Type in your UMKC Username and click submit.
- Select between the email or phone option to receive an authentication code.
- Enter the code you received.
- Start the New User Registration process.
- Enter preferred phone number(s) and an additional external email address.
- Answer 5 security questions and 1 optional helpdesk verification question of your choice then select Save.
- Start setup for a new user password by typing in your UMKC Username.
- Select the option to receive the authentication code and enter the code received.
- Create a new password and select submit.
- The process is complete when you are sent to the Secure Authentication Toolkit webpage.
How to reset UMKC password?
Your UMKC account is too important but if you happened to forget your UMKC password, you can still reset it and recover your account.
- Type in your University username.
- Hit submit.
- Select a delivery method for your passcode.
- Choose your preferred delivery option and wait for the passcode to be delivered.
- Enter the passcode into the field and click submit.
- On the password setup screen, you will be given your USER ID for confirmation.
- Enter a new password ensuring you follow the password requirements.
- Hit submit.
- Once successful, you will receive the following message in your browser window: Password has been successfully changed.
- Wait for an email notifying you that your password has been changed.
How to select classes and courses in UMKC account?
- Talk to an Academic Adviser, the Catalog, Plan My Degree, or Major Maps to help you determine which courses are required for your selected major.
- Select the specific sections of courses, also called classes, you want to enroll in for the upcoming semester:
- Log into UMKC Pathway
- Pick Self Service
- Pick Class Search/Browse Catalog
- Choose the term from the drop-down menu
- Choose the “Search for Classes” option
- Look for the course you want to take to see if and when it is offered (see Schedule of Classes for more information if you need assistance)
- Each section has a 5-digit “class number” that you use to register for the class. It is displayed with the “Section” on the schedule of classes.
- Example: Section: 0001-LEC(10007). The 5-digit number in parenthesis (10007) is the “class number” that you use to register for that section of the course.