What is Seneca Blackboard?
Seneca Blackboard is MySeneca College’s all-in-one portal where all the information and resources are unified at one place for easy access. Through this portal, you can access course materials, use tools to interact with teachers/fellow students and also use its efficient search capabilities.
MySeneca college portal can be customized so students can seamlessly access the information they’re looking for. This space is available for student access remotely as well as on-site. All the courses will be displayed on the first day of class when the teacher releases them.
How to Log Into Seneca Blackboard?
Follow the below-given steps to log into mySeneca Blackboard:
- Go to https://my.senecacollege.ca/
- You will see two options: Student mySeneca and Employee mySeneca
- Choose Student mySeneca
- On the upper right corner of the screen, click on the Login button
- Enter your Seneca email, password and captcha field as shown
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button to log into your account
On the mySeneca Blackboard, you can now view college news, access your assignments, courses, course materials, and so much more.
After logging into mySeneca, click on the Logout button to successfully end the session. You can easily navigate through the tabs shown in mySeneca and customize its content and the layout of the Modules. It allows you to customize the Color Scheme, Layout and Modules of the mySeneca space.
First Set Up for New Users
- In the Welcome email from mySeneca, go to the link that says ‘Please set up your profile by following these steps.
- Sign in using your Seneca email address and temporary password provided in the Welcome email
- When logging into mySeneca with a temporary password, you will be prompted to change the password. Check whether the password meets the minimum requirements and proceed further.
- In the ‘Old Password’ field, enter your temporary password
- Enter your new password and confirm it
- Click on Submit button
- Log in again with your new password
- Now, you will be able to easily update your password reset methods using your personal email or phone number. In case you forget your password, you can use either of the two methods for password reset.
MySeneca Password Reset
If you forget your mySeneca password and you’re not able to access your account, follow the below given steps:
- You can either use Self Service Password Recovery that you set up in the beginning using your personal email or SMS phone number as a recovery method.
- Visit MyID by going to https://myid.senecacollege.ca/
- Click on the Reset Password option
- Enter your Seneca email ID and captcha field displayed
- Click on Next to choose a verification method. If you wish to verify via an SMS, you will get a verification code on your phone number. If you wish to verify via a phone call, you will have to press the #key when you receive it. In case of an alternate email address, enter the verification code that is sent to your provided email ID.
- Click Next
- This will successfully complete the verification process, and you will be prompted to enter your new password and ‘Confirm’ it.
The system will send you an acknowledgment email for the new password reset. Now you can log into your https://my.senecacollege.ca/ anytime and change your password.
Note: Make sure to set up a strong password that has minimum 8 characters containing uppercase letters, lowercase letters, symbols and numbers. Also, it is highly recommended to change your password every 180 days.
To change or create your Seneca Blackboard password, visit MyID Self Service page at https://myid.senecacollege.ca and log in with your student email. For more information or help, you can go through the ITS Support Website.
Systems having access to your personal details may prompt you to add security measures such as personal ID code (PIN) and security questions.
How to Fix Seneca Blackboard Sign-In Problems?
- On the mySeneca login page, click on the ‘Can’t’ access your account?’ link and follow the verification steps to reset your login credentials
- For more help, you can visit the MyID Self Service page to get links to Reset Password, Change Password, Set Up Self Service Password Reset Methods, Retrieve Username or Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication
- If you are still facing issues to log into your Seneca Blackboard, simply contact the Service Desk Chat for assistance.
- Make sure you have entered the correct username/email address and password.
- Make sure you have properly entered the CAPTCHA verification characters along with the correct security code.
To log into your Seneca Blackboard account, you can use the above-given steps to access all the critical information, courses and other resources related to MySeneca College. First-time user can easily set up their account using the simple steps elucidated above.