University of Maryland Global Campus, in short UMGC, has a student login portal named myUMGC. The myUMGC portal lets students access all the academic information like class schedules, grades, courses, etc.
How To Login To The myUMGC Student Portal?
You can follow the following steps to login into your myUMGC Student Portal:
- Refresh and launch your browser.
- Click on the link https://www.umgc.edu/login/index.cfm, and it will direct you to the login page of the myUMGC portal.
- In the center of the login page, you can spot three options in the yellow area. Click on the “MYUMGC FOR STUDENTS.”
- In next page, you can enter your student email address. Enter the correct email address and click the “Next” button.
- Now, you have to enter your password to access your student portal. After entering the password carefully, hit the “Login” button.
- Congratulations! You have successfully logged in to your myUMGC student portal.
How To Reset The MyUMGC Account Password?
In case you have forgotten your password or want to add a new password for security purposes, you can do so by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Refresh and launch your browser.
- Click on the given link https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/?username=Example:%email@example.com, and it will navigate you to the “Password Recovery Page” of the UMGC.
- In the Password Recovery Page, enter your registered email address.
- After entering the email ID, enter the captcha carefully and press the “Next” button.
- You will have three choices to complete the verification process in the next step. You have the option of email, text, or a phone call.
- In order to proceed further, select your desired method. If you go with the text or the email option, you will receive a code either on your number or your registered student email address. Use the code and it proceed you to the next step. If you choose to go with the call option, then you will receive a call to complete the verification process.
- In the final step, create a new password. Follow the guidelines for creating passwords. Once you are done, click on the “Finish” button to activate your new password.
It is suggested to change your password after a regular interval of 90 days. It will ensure the security of your account and password.
How To Register For Classes in myUMGC Student Portal?
In the myUMGC student portal, students can login to their accounts and register for their classes. Let’s know the steps to register for the classes.
- Refresh and launch your browser
- Begin by logging in to the student dashboard or student portal and click on the “Class Search” section.
- You’ll find two tabs at the top of the page: Undergraduate and Postgraduate. Select the appropriate tab according to your degree.
- You will find primary search fields like semester, subject, and location on the updated page. Enter your appropriate information in these fields. An additional “Advanced Search” field is also present, which you can use to be more specific in your search. If you have search preferences like class numbers or course numbers, you can go for the advanced search fields.
- Once the search result appears, you can check the course description by clicking on the “kebab menu” icon present on the right side of the “course name.”
- From the search result, select and click on the name of the course you wish to register yourself in. It will show you the available “Sections.”
- Once you decide which class you want to enroll in, click on the “Add Class to Cart” along with your chosen section.
- In the next step, you will spot a “Shopping Cart” icon on the right side of the top bar. Click on the icon. You will get the option to select the semester from the drop-down menu for which you want to register. In the next step, you have to check the boxes to choose the classes you enroll in.
- In the final step, review everything, then click on the “Register for Classes” button to complete the registration process. Once you successfully complete the registration, you will receive a message regarding the same.
How To View The Unofficial Transcript?
- Firstly, search for my.umgc.edu on your browser. Click on the “MyUMGC for Students” button, once the official page opens. Now you can login into the portal with your credentials.
- On the dashboard of the student profile, spot and click on the “Academic Records” button present in the left-hand side column.
- Scroll down to spot the transcript section and click the “Get Transcripts” option on the new page.
- Scroll down and select the “View Unofficial Transcript” section on the updated page.
- In the “View Unofficial Transcript,” you will spot a section for “Transcript Type” click on that drop-down menu and select the Undergraduate Unofficial or Graduate Unofficial option.
- In the final step, click on the “Generate Transcript” button.
- Now, you can view the list of transcript types date requested. You can also view the PDF of the transcript, and you can spot a link to view the PDF on the screen for the same.