MyBVC is the online portal of Bow Valley College that gives students access to their student email, college announcements, class schedule, unofficial transcripts, D2L Brightspace account, college policies, and more. This article will teach you everything you need to learn about MyBVC. From logging into your account to most frequently asked questions.
What is MyBVC?
MyBVC is a cloud-based portal that serves as the student login portal for current Bow Valley College students. Using their MyBVC account, they can easily register for courses, access important announcements, and view course or assignment grades.
When taking a course at BVC, you will be given a MyBVC username at the time your registration is accepted.
The format of your MyBVC username is usually your first initial, a period, followed by your last name, and the last 3 digits of your student number. For example firstname.lastname@example.org. This is what you will use in logging in to your MyBVC account.
How to log in to MyBVC account?
- Open your web browser
- Navigate to https://mybvc.ca/
- On the homepage, click “Login”
- On the drop-down menu select student login
- Enter your BVC student email and password
- Click the Sign-in button
- After signing in, you will be redirected to the Bow Valley College main page.
- Click on login again and you will see MYBVC, BRIGHTSPACE BY D2L, and LOGOUT
- Click My BVC
- Congratulations you have now accessed your MyBVC Portal Dashboard.
How to access MyBVC student email?
Once your registration is accepted at BVC, an email containing your MyBVC/D2L username will be given to you. It will also have a link inside which will take you to a page where you can set your password. You must use this as soon as possible because the link will expire if it is unused for 30 days.
In any case that you don’t receive the email or your link has expired, you may use the “Reset your password” link to get a new email containing your username and the link to create a password sent directly to your personal email.
You can access your MyBVC student email by:
- Opening your MyBVC account
- Clicking on Mail at the top of the screen
- You can also add your MyBVC Email to your Mobile Device
- Or add it to your phone and tablet
How to add MyBVC email to Mobile devices?
Yes, you can add your MyBVC email to your mobile devices. Here are some video tutorials that would show you how to do just that.
Apple devices / IOS:
What should I do if I forgot my MyBVC password?
Forgetting your password can happen but you can still recover your account. All you have to do is reset your password by going to the Bow Valley College sign-in page, and clicking on “I forgot my password”.
After that, click reset your password then enter your student ID and Birth Date then click Reset. A message will be sent to the personal email address containing information to reset your password.
Log into your email account which is the one that was provided when you registered for your program. REMEMBER. The link sent to your email will only work within 2 hours after it was sent. Open the link in the email message, choose your new password, type it twice for confirmation and click “Change”.
Make sure that your new password adheres to the password rules for MyBVC.
- The password cannot contain your name, Student ID number, or birth date.
- The password must be eight characters or more.
- The password must contain three of the four following:
- Lowercase letter
- Uppercase letter
- Symbol (e.g.!@*&)
If you have tried and done every step in resetting your password properly but still can’t access your account, you can contact their help desk at 403-410-1611. They will help you in resetting your password as long as you can provide the required personal information about yourself.
How to log into BVC D2L Brightspace
BVC D2L Brightspace is an online portal where students can access their course material, submit their assignments, participate in discussions, check their grades, and communicate with their instructor. It’s basically BVC’s version of Blackboard and is essential for every student in the university.
Here is how you access your BVC D2L Brightspace:
- Navigate to the Bow Valley College homepage bowvalleycollege.ca.Look for the login button at the top-right corner of your screen and click on it.
- Select Student Login
- Put in your full MyBVC e-mail address and click Next
- Enter your password and click on Sign in.
- Once again, you will be taken to the main Bow Valley College Homepage where you’ll have to click Log in.
- On the following menu, select BRIGHTSPACE BY D2L.
- Click Login
- Congratulations! You now have access to your BRIGHTSPACE.