About Grand Canyon University
The GCU Student Portal is used by Grand Canyon University, a renowned, non-benefit private University in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers distinct courses in 9 affiliated colleges such as fine arts, education, business, doctoral examinations, and so on. Moreover, GCU specializes in subjects like engineering, medical/clinical specialties, humanities, nursing, science, sociologies, innovation, etc.
For students, Grand Canyon University offers an intuitive student portal where they can access various education facilities. The Grand Canyon University was founded at Prescott, Arizona in August 1949 by Arizona Southern Baptist Convention. Back then, this higher learning education center was popularly known as the Grand Canyon College.
The main campus of the university is quite grand, cited right at the heart of Phoenix. It features top-class classrooms, athletic amenities, swimming pools, and much more.
The GCU Student Portal is a fully customizable, highly intuitive online space where students can access various resources related to their courses. This user-friendly portal is visually enticing and allows you to access its functionalities from virtually anywhere, at any time.
Grand Canyon University Login
To log into myGCU Portal and access the services available in the online space, follow these simple steps:
- Go to https://gcuportal.gcu.edu/
- Select ‘Student Access’
- You will be redirected to the ‘Sign In’ page
- Enter your username and click on ‘Next’
- Enter your GCU password
(Important Note: If you do not know your GCU email address, you can always find it in your new student email that will include your GCU email, GCU username and password.)
- Click ‘Login’ to access your portal homepage and all the resources related to your coursework.
- If you are logging into your GCU portal for the first time, it will ask you to set up account recovery options for the future. Follow the step-by-step process provided on the screen to complete the recovery options set up.
How to Access your LoudCloud Classroom in the GCU Portal?
To access your LoudCloud classroom, simply log into your GCU Portal and go to ‘My Courses’ options cited at the upper left corner of the screen. From the drop-down under ‘My Courses’, select your course code. Now, you will be redirected to the selected class.
Important thing to note is the GCU policy states that previous courses will be available for the period of six weeks. After this, they will no longer be visible in the ‘My Courses’ drop down menu in your GCU Portal, but they can be archived any time. As long as the course is available, it is better to save any important content you’d want.
Note: After graduating from the GCU, you can still retain access to the student portal with the same username and password.
How to Register to the GCU Student Portal for New Users?
GCU Student Portal is a unified, power-packed online space where students can benefit from various resources and services provided by the university. To register for the GCU student portal, follow these basic steps:
- Open your web browser, and go to https://apply.gcu.edu/Account/Login
- Click on ‘Create New Account’
- Enter all the details required such as email ID, password, First Name and Last Name (that matches with the name on SSN card), phone number, etc.
- Click on ‘Register’
- Filling up all these essential details will create your account with GCU. Please take note of your email address and password entered here, as you will require them in future if you wish to make changes to your online application.
Navigating the GCU Portal:
The GCU Student Portal is a centralized hub consisting of all the course-related resources you would need at the Grand Canyon University.
In the student portal homepage, you will find LoudCloud Classroom, GCU email, counselor information, customizable application dashboard, class schedules, class grades, helpful links, resources, and so much more.
How to Reset your GCU Student Portal Password?
When you log into your GCU portal for the first time, you will be asked to set up the password recovery options. The myGCU student portal password can be reset using your phone number or email authentication options:
- Go to https://gcuportal.gcu.edu/
- Select Student Access or Faculty Access (if you’re logged in, you need to first sign out to go ahead with the password reset process)
- For Faculty, click on the ‘Sign In’ button and enter your GCU email ID
(If the faculty member is not able to see any Sign In window, you need to check settings and enable pop-ups)
- For Students, enter your GCU email ID
- Click on the ‘Forgot my Password’ link. On the contrast, you can go to the https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ page to directly start the password reset process
- Enter your GCU email or Username
- Complete the CAPTCHA characters and click on the ‘Next’ button. (if you’re having difficulty with the CAPTCHA characters, you can refresh and re-enter it or you can also opt for the audio option)
- Next, you will be redirected to the screen showing various options to reset your password. Choose the optimal steps:
- Email my alternative email
- Text my mobile phone
- Call my mobile phone
- This will reset your password successfully. Select the ‘Click Here’ link to sign in again with your newly set password.