Canvas PSU is Penn State’s online system for teaching and learning! The Pennsylvania State University is a land-grant, state-related, doctoral university with campuses scattered throughout If you are a student or teacher at Penn State, then Canvas PSU is an essential part of your daily school life. If you want to know everything needed to use your Canvas PSU account effectively, then you are at the right place.
What is Canvas PSU?
Canvas PSU is an online learning platform that is made for students at Penn State University. Penn State’s Online Learning system is an open and intuitive cloud-based learning management system developed for the students of Penn State University.
Canvas can be used by students to create & manage profiles, view their current courses on the dashboard, import content from a previous semester’s Canvas course, submit peer-review assignments, and many more school-related activities online.
Both students and faculty members can utilize canvas to take a look at their course schedule, access their selected course, and communicate with their instructors. You can access Canvas by logging into Canvas PSU Education Portal.
Why is Canvas Essential for Students at PSU?
If you are enrolled at PSU, then your course can be found on Canvas. Since their transition from ANGEL to Canvas, PSU has allowed a more efficient way of online learning. Students can now access, manage, and browse their classes online much more quickly because Canvas has combined and connected all the digital tools teachers use in one convenient place.
Through Canvas, students can learn anytime anywhere and they can interact with their teachers whenever they have to. Besides being an all-in-one communication system, Canvas also offers amazing tools for students such as Profile, Notifications, To-Do List, Collaborations, Discussions, Quizzes, Conversations/Email Messages, Calendar, File Sharing, Grades, and more.
Students can also find their learning material easily with Canvas as it provides them with useful links to their lectures, quizzes, assignments, and grades. That’s why it is essential for every student to learn to utilize this very useful tool.
Benefits of PSU Canvas:
- Academic Support
- Access courses from anywhere & anytime
- Canvas learning makes it easy for students
- Library Services
- A proactive approach to group work, sharing documents and hosting discussions all within the LMS
- Course Access and Grade Reporting
- Modern education system
- Complaint Resolution
- Online Orientation
- The calendar helps students stay organized, displaying assignments and due dates across all active courses.
- Quiz Statistics in Large Courses
- Can add their Syllabus
How to Create A PSU Canvas Account?
- Go to your Web Browser and navigate to https://accounts.psu.edu/create/new
- Fill in the needed personal information which can be found on your government-issued ID. Provide your First name, Middle name & Last name, Legal Sex, Date of Birth, etc.
- You can enter your Social Security Number if you want a scholarship.
- Next, provide your contact information such as your Email, Phone number, Country & Address that contains your City, State, and Pin Code.
- Your account will be up for review.
- After the account review, they will send a verification code to your email. Enter the code you received in the text box and then click “Next”.
- Choose your User ID and Password. Make sure to keep this secure as it will be used in logging into Canvas.
- Click “Submit” and you’re all set.
How to log into PSU Canvas?
After you have created you’re account, it’s time to log into PSU Canvas. There are two ways you can access the portal. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you go through the process smoothly.
Logging in to Canvas Website With A Computer and Browser
- Open your browser and go to https://canvas.psu.edu/
- Look for the Login Button in the Upper-right corner of the page or alternatively, go to https://psu.instructure.com/.
- Enter your User ID and password.
- Upon successful login, you will be directed to “User Dashboard” where you can access your courses, see your course schedule, and contact your instructors.
Logging in to Canvas Using A Mobile Device
If you have an Android or iOS mobile device, then you can access the portal anywhere by downloading the Canvas App. Downloading the app will make your life so much easier and much more convenient because you don’t have to be in front of your computer to access your Canvas. Both students and staff can use the mobile app. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for either the “Canvas Teacher by Instructure” app and/or the “Canvas Student by Instructure” app.
- Install and Open the App
- Tap on Find Your School Or District
- Select Penn State or PSU and you will be taken to a page where you will have to enter your USER ID and password.
- You can now use Canvas including all of its features.